The SFIG Foundation, Mentor Foundation USA, and Scholarship America have partnered to further educational opportunities for underserved youth who have successfully completed Mentor Foundation USA’s Career Mentoring or Youth Ambassador programs. Since 2017, the SFIG Foundation has awarded 29 students nearly $500,000 in scholarships.
This collaboration will seek to provide scholarship funding for high school students who have successfully participated in Mentor Foundation USA’s Career Mentoring or Youth Ambassador programs.
About the Program
- The key goal of Mentor Foundation USA’s mentoring programs is to ensure that students are prepared for post-secondary education, trade schools, or entry-level professions.
- The scholarships funded by the SFIG Foundation, and developed with assistance from Scholarship America, will help ensure that students are afforded the opportunity to seek higher education or training.
- In 2017, the SFIG Foundation provided $100,000 in scholarships to 11 students involved in Mentor Foundation programs.
- Corporate partners allow Mentor Foundation USA to serve youth in some of the most challenging areas in the U.S.
- Current corporate sponsors include, among others:
o M&T Bank
o Atlantic Media
o World Bank